Boneyards Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.1 °C
Boneyards in Margaret River is a sheltered sandbar break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the south with some shelter here from southwest winds. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Waves at the sandbar tend to peel to the right. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of .
Overall Boneyards Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Boneyards through a typical July.... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Boneyards surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to WA - Margaret River surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Boneyards
Tide stations nearest to Boneyards:
- Closest tide stationBusselton19 mi
- Second closest tide stationCowaramup22 mi
- Third closest tide stationBunbury39 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEaton42 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAustralind44 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Boneyards:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang1736 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain1748 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw1769 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear1773 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller1779 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Boneyards:
- Closest city locationBunbury37 mi
- Second closest city locationMandurah81 mi
- Third closest city locationRockingham96 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKwinana99 mi
- Fifth closest city locationArmadale111 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Boneyards is Perth Jandakot Airport (JAD) in Australia, which is 179 km (111 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Boneyards is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Boneyards, WA - Margaret River. Use the tab navigation above to view Boneyards sea temperature, Boneyards photographs, Boneyards detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Boneyards webcams, current wind from WA - Margaret River live weather stations and Boneyards tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Boneyards.