Bundoran Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.6 °C
Bundoran in Donegal is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest.. It's sometimes crowded here.
Overall Bundoran Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Bundoran through a typical Apr... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bundoran surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Donegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bundoran
Ski Resorts closest to Bundoran:
Town and city forecasts close to Bundoran:
- The closest passenger airport to Bundoran is Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bundoran is St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS), also in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Bundoran and is 135 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bundoran, Donegal. Use the tab navigation above to view Bundoran sea temperature, Bundoran photographs, Bundoran detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bundoran webcams, current wind from Donegal live weather stations and Bundoran tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bundoran.