Breachway Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
Breachway in Rhode Island is a quite exposed beach/Jetty break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the north with some shelter here from northeast winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around low tide. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include rocks, rips and jellyfish.
For Watch Hill Point, Rhode Island, 1 km from Breachway.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Westerly, 5 km from Breachway.
|moderate winds from the ENE|
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 43 miles from Breachway.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||5||5|
Overall Breachway Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Breachway through a typical ... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Breachway surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Breachway
Tide stations nearest to Breachway:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Breachway is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Breachway is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA is 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Bradley International (Windsor Locks) Airport (BDL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Breachway and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Breachway, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Breachway sea temperature, Breachway photographs, Breachway detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Breachway webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Breachway tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Breachway.