Breachway Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.7 °C
Breachway in Rhode Island is a quite exposed beach/Jetty break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the north with some shelter here from northeast winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around low tide. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include rocks, rips and jellyfish.
Overall Breachway Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Breachway through a typica... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Breachway surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Breachway
Visitor Reviews of Breachway
Tide stations nearest to Breachway:
- Closest tide stationWatch Hill Point1 mi
- Second closest tide stationStonington, Fishers Island Sound2 mi
- Third closest tide stationNoank, Mystic River entrance6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWeekapaug Point, Block Island Sound6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWesterly, Pawcatuck River6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Breachway:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)23 mi
- Second closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)45 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)58 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Sundown (United States)64 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)70 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Breachway:
- Closest city locationNew London (United States)12 mi
- Second closest city locationNorwich (United States)19 mi
- Third closest city locationNorth Kingstown (United States)27 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoventry (United States)29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNewport (United States)32 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Breachway is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Breachway is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA is 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Bradley International (Windsor Locks) Airport (BDL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Breachway and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Breachway, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Breachway sea temperature, Breachway photographs, Breachway detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Breachway webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Breachway tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Breachway.