Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.2 °C
Brandenburg Westerland in Sylt is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Windswells are much more common than groundswells and the ideal wave angle is from the northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Westerland, Germany, 2 km from Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Westerland/Sylt Airport, 2 km from Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt).
|fresh winds from the S|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nordsee surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt)
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt):(click location name for more details)
- Closest break2 mi
- Second closest break4 mi
- Third closest break4 mi
- Fourth closest break6 mi
- Fifth closest break7 mi
Tide stations nearest to Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt):
- Closest tide stationWesterland1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSyltOst3 mi
- Third closest tide stationList9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationList West9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSteenack10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt):
- Closest ski areaVallasen (Sweden)213 mi
- Second closest ski areaHahnenklee (Germany)227 mi
- Third closest ski areaSchulenberg (Skialpinum) (Germany)230 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAltenau (Germany)233 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaClausthal-Zellerfeld-Buntenbock (Germany)233 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt):
- Closest city locationEsbjerg (Denmark)39 mi
- Second closest city locationFlensburg (Germany)46 mi
- Third closest city locationSonderborg (Denmark)60 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKolding (Denmark)61 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBillund Lufthavn (Denmark)66 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Brandenburg Westerland is Westerland Sylt Airport (GWT) in Germany, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Brandenburg Westerland is Esbjerg Airport (EBJ) in Denmark, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Skrydstrup Airport (SKS) in Denmark, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Sonderborg (Soenderborg) Airport (SGD) in Denmark is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Billund Airport (BLL), also in Denmark is the fifth nearest airport to Brandenburg Westerland and is 106 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt), Nordsee. Use the tab navigation above to view Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) sea temperature, Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) photographs, Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) webcams, current wind from Nordsee live weather stations and Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt) tide predictions. The Germany swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Germany and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Germany wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Brandenburg Westerland (Sylt).