Bout de L'Etang Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.4 °C
Bout de L'Etang in West Reunion is a fairly exposed reef break that only works when conditions are just right. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. A left hand reef. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include sharks and rocks.
For Pointe des Galets, Reunion, 7 km from Bout de L'Etang.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bois de nefles Saint Paul wx, 4 km from Bout de L'Etang.
|light winds from the E|
Overall Bout de L'Etang Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Bout de L'Etang over a nor... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bout de L'Etang surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Réunion surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bout de L'Etang
Ski Resorts closest to Bout de L'Etang:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1747 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)1824 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)2339 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3552 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3557 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Bout de L'Etang is St Denis Gillot (St.-denis) Airport (RUN) in Reunion Island, which is 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Bout de L'Etang is St Pierre Pierrefonds (St.-pierre) Airport (ZSE), also in Reunion Island, 41 km (25 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bout de L'Etang, Réunion. Use the tab navigation above to view Bout de L'Etang sea temperature, Bout de L'Etang photographs, Bout de L'Etang detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bout de L'Etang webcams, current wind from Réunion live weather stations and Bout de L'Etang tide predictions. The Reunion swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Reunion and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Reunion wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bout de L'Etang.