Boneyards Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Boneyards in Cape Otway is a fairly exposed reef break that has consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A right hand reef break. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for rocks.
Overall Boneyards Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Boneyards over a normal July, base... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Boneyards surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Cape Otway surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Boneyards
- The closest passenger airport to Boneyards is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 89 km (55 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Boneyards is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 141 km (88 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Boneyards and is 400 km (248 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Boneyards, VIC - Cape Otway. Use the tab navigation above to view Boneyards sea temperature, Boneyards photographs, Boneyards detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Boneyards webcams, current wind from VIC - Cape Otway live weather stations and Boneyards tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Boneyards.