Boners Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.6 °C
Boners in San Luis Obispois a reef break Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. Beware of - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Localism - Sharks - Nudist colony (France only!).
For San Simeon, California, 4 km from Boners.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cambria, 8 km from Boners.
At Cape San Martin Buoy, 42 miles from Boners.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||17||9||8|
Overall Boners Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Boners through an average June... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Boners surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Boners
Tide stations nearest to Boners:
- Closest tide stationSan Simeon2 mi
- Second closest tide stationCambria5 mi
- Third closest tide stationMorro Beach, Estero Bay21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMorro Bay24 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort San Luis37 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Boners:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows145 mi
- Second closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort157 mi
- Third closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area164 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak170 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMammoth Mountain183 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Boners:
- Closest city locationPaso Robles25 mi
- Second closest city locationAtascadero28 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Luis Obispo35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSoledad57 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Maria60 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Boners is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 111 km (69 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Boners is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 182 km (113 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 190 km (118 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Boners and is 204 km (127 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Boners, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Boners sea temperature, Boners photographs, Boners detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Boners webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Boners tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Boners.