Bondi Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.6 °C
Bondi Beach in Sydney South is an exposed beach break that has dependable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest with some shelter here from northeast winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
Overall Bondi Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Bondi Beach over a nor... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bondi Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Sydney South Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bondi Beach
Visitor Reviews of Bondi Beach
“Despite being Australia's best known beach wave quality is generally only average. At the north end a permanent rip bowl left starts to show on moderate swells, though due to the shape and orientation of the beach most of the swell energy is focused towards mid to South Bondi.
Ben Buckler is an average left reef point setup at North Bondi, and only starts to work on swells over 3 metres when the takeoff area moves out from and behind the rocks.
Occasionally a right will form off the southern rocks adjacent to the Icebergs swimming pool, but quality is rare.
There is a reef/point setup at the outside point at South Bondi but the water is too deep immediately behind the shallow reef, and the wave is only surfed occasionally by boogie boarders.”
Moggy from AUSTRALIA - 27 May 2010
Tide stations nearest to Bondi Beach:
- Closest tide stationBondi1 mi
- Second closest tide stationRandwick3 mi
- Third closest tide stationDarlinghurst4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCamp Cove4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSydney4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bondi Beach:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields213 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher237 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass242 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo247 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek306 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bondi Beach:
- Closest city locationRandwick3 mi
- Second closest city locationMaroubra5 mi
- Third closest city locationMosman6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSydney7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSydney International Airport7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Bondi Beach is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bondi Beach is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU), also in Australia, 28 km (17 miles) away.
- Third is Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia is 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Newcastle Airport (NTL), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Bondi Beach and is 132 km (82 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bondi Beach, NSW - Sydney South Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Bondi Beach sea temperature, Bondi Beach photographs, Bondi Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bondi Beach webcams, current wind from NSW - Sydney South Coast live weather stations and Bondi Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bondi Beach.