Boca de Apisa Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.0 °C
Boca de Apisa in Michoacan is an exposed river break that has quite reliable surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the river are mainly lefts. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips,alligators,boas.
Overall Boca de Apisa Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Boca de Apisa throug... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Boca de Apisa surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Michoacan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Boca de Apisa
Visitor Reviews of Boca de Apisa
Tide stations nearest to Boca de Apisa:
- Closest tide stationManzanillo47 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Patricio73 mi
- Third closest tide stationLazaro Cardenas112 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCardenas (Melchor Ocampo)116 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLazaro Cardenas116 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Boca de Apisa:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)1017 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)1048 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)1117 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1154 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1181 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Boca de Apisa:
- Closest city locationTecoman (Mexico)19 mi
- Second closest city locationColimas (Mexico)39 mi
- Third closest city locationVilla de Alvarez (Mexico)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManzanillo (Mexico)46 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTuxpan (Mexico)64 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Boca de Apisa is Colima Airport (CLQ) in Mexico, 69 km (43 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Boca de Apisa is Playa De Oro International (Manzanillo) Airport (ZLO), also in Mexico, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Lazaro Cardenas (Lazard Cardenas) Airport (LZC) in Mexico, 177 km (110 miles) away.
- Licenciado Y Gen Ignacio Lopez Rayon (Uruapan) Airport (UPN) in Mexico is 196 km (122 miles) away.
- Don Miguel Y Hidalgo International (Guadalajara) Airport (GDL), also in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Boca de Apisa and is 210 km (130 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Boca de Apisa, Michoacan. Use the tab navigation above to view Boca de Apisa sea temperature, Boca de Apisa photographs, Boca de Apisa detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Boca de Apisa webcams, current wind from Michoacan live weather stations and Boca de Apisa tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Boca de Apisa.