Boca Chica Spot ID
Photo credit: Andres Alvarez
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.7 °C
Boca Chica in Texas is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has reasonably consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the west. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave direction is from the northeast. The beach break favours left handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips, rocks, sharks and jellyfish.
For Padre Island (South), Texas, 1 km from Boca Chica.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-PCGT2, 2 km from Boca Chica.
|moderate winds from the SE|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 68 miles from Boca Chica.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Boca Chica Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Boca Chica over a normal February. It ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Boca Chica surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Boca Chica
Tide stations nearest to Boca Chica:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station1 mi
- Fourth closest tide station2 mi
- Fifth closest tide station2 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Boca Chica is Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Boca Chica is General Servando Canales International (Matamoros) Airport (MAM) in Mexico, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL) in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- General Lucio Blanco International (Reynosa) Airport (REX) in Mexico is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Mc Allen Miller International (Mcallen) Airport (MFE) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Boca Chica and is 109 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Boca Chica, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Boca Chica sea temperature, Boca Chica photographs, Boca Chica detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Boca Chica webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Boca Chica tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Boca Chica.