Blue Ocean Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(West Coast of Bali, Indonesia)
Blue Ocean Spot ID
Photo credit: Dmitry
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.5 °C
Blue Ocean in Bali (Kuta) is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the optimum time of year for waves. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around high tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall Blue Ocean Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Blue Ocean over a normal May a... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Blue Ocean surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bali - Kuta surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Blue Ocean
Visitor Reviews of Blue Ocean
Tide stations nearest to Blue Ocean:
- Closest tide stationDenpasar6 mi
- Second closest tide stationBanjar37 mi
- Third closest tide stationSingaraja41 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMataram67 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWongsorejo70 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Blue Ocean:
- Closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)2766 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)2767 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2776 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)2776 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)2778 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Blue Ocean:
- Closest city locationDenpasar (Indonesia)6 mi
- Second closest city locationTabanan (Indonesia)11 mi
- Third closest city locationKlungkung (Indonesia)20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBanjar (Indonesia)37 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSingaraja (Indonesia)41 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Blue Ocean is Bali International (Denpasar) Airport (DPS) in Indonesia, which is 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Blue Ocean is Selaparang (Mataram) Airport (AMI), also in Indonesia, 104 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Blue Ocean, Bali - Kuta. Use the tab navigation above to view Blue Ocean sea temperature, Blue Ocean photographs, Blue Ocean detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Blue Ocean webcams, current wind from Bali - Kuta live weather stations and Blue Ocean tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Blue Ocean.