Blowhole Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.9 °C
Blowhole in Bay of Plenty is a fairly exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Waves can be ok even in light onshore winds Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. There is no point break. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for - Rips / undertow - Rocks.
Overall Blowhole Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Blowhole through a typical June,... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Blowhole surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bay of Plenty surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Blowhole
Tide stations nearest to Blowhole:
- Closest tide stationTauranga1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSlipper Island42 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoutohora (Whale) Island47 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTairua47 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWhakatane50 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Blowhole:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa116 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino118 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa122 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui162 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow342 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Blowhole:
- Closest city locationTauranga4 mi
- Second closest city locationRotorua35 mi
- Third closest city locationHamilton49 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau85 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorthshore96 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Blowhole is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Blowhole is Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Whakatane Airport (WHK) in New Zealand, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand is 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Blowhole and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Blowhole, Bay of Plenty. Use the tab navigation above to view Blowhole sea temperature, Blowhole photographs, Blowhole detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Blowhole webcams, current wind from Bay of Plenty live weather stations and Blowhole tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Blowhole.