Blowhole Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.2 °C
Blowhole in Bay of Plenty is a quite exposed point break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Able to handle light onshore wind Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. There is no point break. Sometimes crowded. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Rocks.
Overall Blowhole Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Blowhole through an average ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Blowhole surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bay of Plenty surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Blowhole
- The closest passenger airport to Blowhole is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Blowhole is Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Whakatane Airport (WHK) in New Zealand, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand is 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Blowhole and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Blowhole, Bay of Plenty. Use the tab navigation above to view Blowhole sea temperature, Blowhole photographs, Blowhole detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Blowhole webcams, current wind from Bay of Plenty live weather stations and Blowhole tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Blowhole.