Blacksmiths Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.1 °C
Blacksmiths Beach in Newcastle is an exposed point/Breakwater break that only works when conditions are just right with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for and rips.
Overall Blacksmiths Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Blacksmiths Beach through an... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Blacksmiths Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Blacksmiths Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Blacksmiths Beach is Newcastle Airport (NTL) in Australia, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Blacksmiths Beach is Richmond Airport (RCM), also in Australia, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Third is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Blacksmiths Beach and is 140 km (87 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Blacksmiths Beach, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Blacksmiths Beach sea temperature, Blacksmiths Beach photographs, Blacksmiths Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Blacksmiths Beach webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Blacksmiths Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Blacksmiths Beach.