Blacksmiths Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.7 °C
Blacksmiths Beach in Newcastle is an exposed point/Breakwater break that only works when conditions are just right with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for and rips.
Overall Blacksmiths Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Blacksmiths Beach over a normal ... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Blacksmiths Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Blacksmiths Beach
Tide stations nearest to Blacksmiths Beach:
- Closest tide stationSwansea0 mi
- Second closest tide stationRathmines5 mi
- Third closest tide stationCharlestown9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNewcastle12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGorokan16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Blacksmiths Beach:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields267 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher295 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass299 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo304 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek361 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Blacksmiths Beach:
- Closest city locationNewcastle13 mi
- Second closest city locationPort Stephens35 mi
- Third closest city locationMosman57 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCastle Hill59 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRandwick63 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Blacksmiths Beach is Newcastle Airport (NTL) in Australia, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Blacksmiths Beach is Richmond Airport (RCM), also in Australia, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Third is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Blacksmiths Beach and is 140 km (87 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Blacksmiths Beach, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Blacksmiths Beach sea temperature, Blacksmiths Beach photographs, Blacksmiths Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Blacksmiths Beach webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Blacksmiths Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Blacksmiths Beach.