Blacknose Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.0 °C
Blacknose Point in Far West Coast is a fairly exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the west southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. Best around high tide. Often Crowded. Watch out for rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
For Portland, Australia, 4 km from Blacknose Point.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cape Nelson Lighthouse, 10 km from Blacknose Point.
|moderate winds from the NW|
Overall Blacknose Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Blacknose Point through a typ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Blacknose Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Far West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Blacknose Point
Tide stations nearest to Blacknose Point:
- Closest tide stationPortland2 mi
- Second closest tide stationWarrnambool45 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort Macdonnell56 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWarrnambool63 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Campbell76 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Blacknose Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang224 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain239 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw254 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear257 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller275 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Blacknose Point:
- Closest city locationWarrnambool45 mi
- Second closest city locationBallarat137 mi
- Third closest city locationGeelong152 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMelton167 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHoppers Crossing170 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Blacknose Point is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, which is 250 km (155 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Blacknose Point is Melbourne International Airport (MEL), also in Australia, 291 km (181 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Blacknose Point, VIC - Far West. Use the tab navigation above to view Blacknose Point sea temperature, Blacknose Point photographs, Blacknose Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Blacknose Point webcams, current wind from VIC - Far West live weather stations and Blacknose Point tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Blacknose Point.