Black Rocks Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.6 °C
Black Rocks in Antrim is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the south. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northwest. There is no beach break and there is also a left hand reef break.. Best around high tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Black Rocks Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Black Rocks through a typical Janu... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Black Rocks surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Antrim surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Black Rocks
Ski Resorts closest to Black Rocks:
Town and city forecasts close to Black Rocks:
- The closest passenger airport to Black Rocks is Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Black Rocks is Islay Airport (ILY) in U.k, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS) in North Ireland, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- City (Belfast) Airport (BHD) in North Ireland is 82 km (51 miles) away.
- St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Black Rocks and is 109 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Black Rocks, Antrim. Use the tab navigation above to view Black Rocks sea temperature, Black Rocks photographs, Black Rocks detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Black Rocks webcams, current wind from Antrim live weather stations and Black Rocks tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Black Rocks.