Black Rock Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.6 °C
Black Rock in The Vale of Glamorgan is a fairly exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right Best around mid tide. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
For Porthcawl, 2 km from Black Rock.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Saint Athan RAF Airport, 19 km from Black Rock.
|light winds from the NW|
At Pembroke Buoy, 62 miles from Black Rock.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||5||5|
Overall Black Rock Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Black Rock over a normal July... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Black Rock surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wales - South East surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Black Rock
Visitor Reviews of Black Rock
Tide stations nearest to Black Rock:
- Closest tide stationPorthcawl1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPyle3 mi
- Third closest tide stationLlantwit Major9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBriton Ferry12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNeath14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Black Rock:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)176 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)214 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)231 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)232 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)232 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Black Rock:
- Closest city locationCoity (United Kingdom)6 mi
- Second closest city locationBriton Ferry (United Kingdom)12 mi
- Third closest city locationNeath (United Kingdom)14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRhondda (United Kingdom)15 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSwansea (United Kingdom)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Black Rock is Cardiff Airport (CWL) in Wales, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Black Rock is Swansea Airport (SWS), also in Wales, 31 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is Bristol Airport (BRS) in England, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Bristol Filton Airport (FZO) in England is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Exeter Airport (EXT), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Black Rock and is 84 km (52 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Black Rock, Wales - South East. Use the tab navigation above to view Black Rock sea temperature, Black Rock photographs, Black Rock detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Black Rock webcams, current wind from Wales - South East live weather stations and Black Rock tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Black Rock.