Black Point Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.7 °C
Black Point Beach in Sonoma is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the southeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of sharks, rips and rocks.
Overall Black Point Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Black Point Beach through a typi... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Black Point Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Sonoma surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Black Point Beach
Tide stations nearest to Black Point Beach:
- Closest tide stationArena Cove9 mi
- Second closest tide stationPoint Arena12 mi
- Third closest tide stationFort Ross28 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlbion29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMendocino, Mendocino Bay35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Black Point Beach:
- Closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)160 mi
- Second closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)175 mi
- Third closest ski areaSoda Springs (United States)177 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBoreal Mountain (United States)178 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDonner Ski Ranch (United States)179 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Black Point Beach:
- Closest city locationWindsor (United States)47 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Rosa (United States)55 mi
- Third closest city locationRohnert Park (United States)59 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPetaluma (United States)66 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNovato (United States)74 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Black Point Beach is Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU) in USA, 158 km (98 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Black Point Beach is Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), also in USA, 171 km (106 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 171 km (106 miles) away.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in USA is 175 km (109 miles) away.
- Chico Muni Airport (CIC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Black Point Beach and is 186 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Black Point Beach, CAL - Sonoma. Use the tab navigation above to view Black Point Beach sea temperature, Black Point Beach photographs, Black Point Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Black Point Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Sonoma live weather stations and Black Point Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Black Point Beach.