Big Star Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.8 °C
Big Star in Surigao Del Sur Province is a fairly exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the south southeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the northeast. There is a right breaking reef. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rocks and rips.
Overall Big Star Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Big Star through a typical... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Big Star surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Surigao Del Sur surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Big Star
Tide stations nearest to Big Star:
- Closest tide stationCantilan10 mi
- Second closest tide stationTandag14 mi
- Third closest tide stationTago18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSocorro27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAras-asan29 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Big Star:
- Closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)1644 mi
- Second closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)1664 mi
- Third closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)1680 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)1686 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaTengu Kogen (Japan)1731 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Big Star:
- Closest city locationTandag (Philippines)14 mi
- Second closest city locationCabadbaran (Philippines)40 mi
- Third closest city locationBayugan (Philippines)42 mi
- Fourth closest city locationButuan (Philippines)46 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBah-Bah (Philippines)47 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Big Star is Cagayan De Oro (Ladag) Airport (CGY) in Philippines, which is 189 km (117 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Big Star is Daniel Z Romualdez (Tacloban) Airport (TAC), also in Philippines, 249 km (155 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Big Star, Surigao Del Sur. Use the tab navigation above to view Big Star sea temperature, Big Star photographs, Big Star detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Big Star webcams, current wind from Surigao Del Sur live weather stations and Big Star tide predictions. The Philippines swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Philippines and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Philippines wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Big Star.