Big Lefts Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.6 °C
Big Lefts in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southeast. A left hand reef. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of rocks and sharks.
Overall Big Lefts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Big Lefts over a norma... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Big Lefts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Big Lefts
Visitor Reviews of Big Lefts
Tide stations nearest to Big Lefts:
- Closest tide stationHonolulu, Oahu (Hawaii)1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPearl Harbor Entrance, Bishop Point, Oahu Island7 mi
- Third closest tide stationPearl Harbor, Ford Island Ferry, Oahu Island7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHanauma Bay, Oahu Island10 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaimalu10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Big Lefts:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2493 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2498 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2513 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2535 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2535 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Big Lefts:
- Closest city locationHonolulu (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)9 mi
- Third closest city locationWaimalu (United States)10 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKailua (United States)11 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City (United States)11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Big Lefts is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 8 km (5 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Big Lefts is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Big Lefts and is 109 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Big Lefts, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Big Lefts sea temperature, Big Lefts photographs, Big Lefts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Big Lefts webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Big Lefts tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Big Lefts.