Bidart Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Bidart in La Cote Basque is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of rips, rocks and pollution.
Overall Bidart Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Bidart through a typical Septe... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bidart surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to La Cote Basque surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bidart
Tide stations nearest to Bidart:
- Closest tide stationBidart1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSaint Jean de Luz6 mi
- Third closest tide stationVieux Boucau6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBayonne8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTarnos9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bidart:
- Closest ski areaLa Pierre Saint Martin (France)53 mi
- Second closest ski areaAstun (Spain)70 mi
- Third closest ski areaArtouste (France)71 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCandanchu (Spain)71 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGourette (France)71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bidart:
- Closest city locationBiarritz-Bayonne-Anglet (France)4 mi
- Second closest city locationAnglet (France)4 mi
- Third closest city locationBiarritz (France)4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBayonne (France)8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationErrenteria (Spain)18 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Bidart is Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bidart is San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain, 19 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Pamplona Airport (PNA) in Spain, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Pau Pyrenees Airport (PUF) in France is 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Bilbao Airport (BIO) in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Bidart and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bidart, La Cote Basque. Use the tab navigation above to view Bidart sea temperature, Bidart photographs, Bidart detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bidart webcams, current wind from La Cote Basque live weather stations and Bidart tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bidart.