Bells Beach - Rincon Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.3 °C
Bells Beach in Torquay is an exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Boobs, 1 km from Bells Beach - Rincon.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Geelong Airport, 16 km from Bells Beach - Rincon.
|light winds from the NNW|
Overall Bells Beach - Rincon Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Bells Beach - Rincon through a... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bells Beach - Rincon surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Torquay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bells Beach - Rincon
Tide stations nearest to Bells Beach - Rincon:
- Closest tide stationGeelong16 mi
- Second closest tide stationLeopold16 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort Phillip Heads19 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLoutit Bay21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationClifton Springs22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bells Beach - Rincon:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang88 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain106 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw114 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear117 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller145 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bells Beach - Rincon:
- Closest city locationGeelong16 mi
- Second closest city locationHoppers Crossing41 mi
- Third closest city locationFrankston East49 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMelton50 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBallarat56 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Bells Beach - Rincon is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bells Beach - Rincon is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Bells Beach - Rincon and is 349 km (217 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bells Beach - Rincon, VIC - Torquay. Use the tab navigation above to view Bells Beach - Rincon sea temperature, Bells Beach - Rincon photographs, Bells Beach - Rincon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bells Beach - Rincon webcams, current wind from VIC - Torquay live weather stations and Bells Beach - Rincon tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bells Beach - Rincon.