Behakio Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.6 °C
Behakio in Vezo Reefs is an exposed reef break that has dependable surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. There is a right hand reef break. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of coral, sharks and rocks.
Overall Behakio Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Behakio through a typical Ma... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Behakio surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Behakio
Ski Resorts closest to Behakio:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1002 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)1095 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)1613 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3736 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3740 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Behakio is Toliara Airport (TLE) in Madagascar, which is 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Behakio is Morombe Airport (MXM), also in Madagascar, 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Behakio, West. Use the tab navigation above to view Behakio sea temperature, Behakio photographs, Behakio detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Behakio webcams, current wind from West live weather stations and Behakio tide predictions. The Madagascar swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Madagascar and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Madagascar wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Behakio.