Beacons Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.2 °C
Beacons in San Diego County is an exposed beach and reef break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds are from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights as well as a right hand reef break.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
For Carlsbad, 5 km from Beacons.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Carlsbad, 2 km from Beacons.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 60 miles from Beacons.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||14||14||14|
Overall Beacons Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Beacons over a normal July a... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Beacons surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Beacons
Visitor Reviews of Beacons
Tide stations nearest to Beacons:
- Closest tide stationCarlsbad3 mi
- Second closest tide stationOceanside7 mi
- Third closest tide stationSolana Beach9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Beacons:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)78 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)78 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)81 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)81 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)88 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Beacons:
- Closest city locationCarlsbad (United States)3 mi
- Second closest city locationEncinitas (United States)6 mi
- Third closest city locationOceanside (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVista (United States)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Marcos (United States)9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Beacons is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Beacons is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 47 km (29 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Beacons and is 80 km (50 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Beacons, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Beacons sea temperature, Beacons photographs, Beacons detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Beacons webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Beacons tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Beacons.