Beacon Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.5 °C
Beacon Point in North Floridais a point break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include .
For Vilano Beach Bridge, Florida, 1 km from Beacon Point.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At St Augustine Airport, 6 km from Beacon Point.
|fresh winds from the SW|
Thunderstorm - in the vicinity
Overall Beacon Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Beacon Point through a typical August.... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Beacon Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Beacon Point
Visitor Reviews of Beacon Point
Tide stations nearest to Beacon Point:
- Closest tide stationVilano Beach Bridge1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSaint Augustine, City Dock2 mi
- Third closest tide stationState Road 312, Matanzas River4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint Augustine Beach4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint Augustine Shores7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Beacon Point:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)367 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)372 mi
- Third closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)373 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)373 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)405 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Beacon Point:
- Closest city locationPonte Vedra Beach (United States)23 mi
- Second closest city locationPalm Coast (United States)24 mi
- Third closest city locationFruit Cove (United States)25 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLakeside (United States)32 mi
- Fifth closest city locationJacksonville (United States)37 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Beacon Point, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Beacon Point sea temperature, Beacon Point photographs, Beacon Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Beacon Point webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Beacon Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Beacon Point.