Bay of Martyrs Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.6 °C
Bay of Martyrs in Far West Coast is an exposed reef break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south. A left hand reef. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of rips, rocks and sharks.
Overall Bay of Martyrs Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Bay of Martyrs over a normal... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bay of Martyrs surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Far West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bay of Martyrs
Tide stations nearest to Bay of Martyrs:
- Closest tide stationPort Campbell9 mi
- Second closest tide stationWarrnambool13 mi
- Third closest tide stationWarrnambool24 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationApollo Bay46 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLoutit Bay62 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bay of Martyrs:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang165 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain182 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw193 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear196 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller220 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bay of Martyrs:
- Closest city locationWarrnambool24 mi
- Second closest city locationGeelong91 mi
- Third closest city locationBallarat92 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing112 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelton114 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Bay of Martyrs is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, which is 155 km (96 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Bay of Martyrs is Melbourne International Airport (MEL), also in Australia, 203 km (126 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bay of Martyrs, VIC - Far West. Use the tab navigation above to view Bay of Martyrs sea temperature, Bay of Martyrs photographs, Bay of Martyrs detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bay of Martyrs webcams, current wind from VIC - Far West live weather stations and Bay of Martyrs tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bay of Martyrs.