Batu Karas Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Batu Karas in Central Java is a sheltered beach and point break that has quite reliable surf. Nov-April (Wet Season) provides optimum time of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the south southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south. Rarely crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Batu Karas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Batu Karas over a normal S... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Batu Karas surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Java - Central surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Batu Karas
Visitor Reviews of Batu Karas
“Completely natural beach waves :-)”
Sugito from INDONESIA - 26 Aug 2014
Tide stations nearest to Batu Karas:
- Closest tide stationAstanajapura67 mi
- Second closest tide stationCirebon68 mi
- Third closest tide stationTegal75 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPemalang84 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPetarukan88 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Batu Karas:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)3114 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)3116 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)3130 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)3132 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)3134 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Batu Karas:
- Closest city locationSidareja (Indonesia)27 mi
- Second closest city locationCiamis (Indonesia)30 mi
- Third closest city locationKawalu (Indonesia)32 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTasikmalaya (Indonesia)33 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMajenang (Indonesia)35 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Batu Karas is Tunggul Wulung (Cilacap) Airport (CXP) in Indonesia, which is 60 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Batu Karas is Penggung (Cirebon) Airport (CBN), also in Indonesia, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Husein Sastranegara (Bandung) Airport (BDO), also in Indonesia, 139 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Batu Karas, Java - Central. Use the tab navigation above to view Batu Karas sea temperature, Batu Karas photographs, Batu Karas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Batu Karas webcams, current wind from Java - Central live weather stations and Batu Karas tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Batu Karas.