Battery Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.8 °C
Battery Beach in Durban is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Ideal winds are from the northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. It very rarely gets crowded here. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Battery Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Battery Beach over a normal ... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Battery Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Durban/KZN South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Battery Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Battery Beach is Virginia (Durban) Airport (VIR) in South Africa, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Battery Beach is Durban International Airport (DUR), also in South Africa, 18 km (11 miles) away.
- Third is Pietermaritzburg Airport (PZB) in South Africa, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Margate Airport (MGH) in South Africa is 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Richards Bay (Richard's Bay) Airport (RCB), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Battery Beach and is 158 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Battery Beach, Durban/KZN South. Use the tab navigation above to view Battery Beach sea temperature, Battery Beach photographs, Battery Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Battery Beach webcams, current wind from Durban/KZN South live weather stations and Battery Beach tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Battery Beach.