Barra do Douro Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Douro and Minho, Portugal)
Barra do Douro Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.5 °C
Barra do Douro in North Portugal is an exposed river break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The river breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Barra do Douro Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Barra do Douro over a norm... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Barra do Douro surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Douro & Minho surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Barra do Douro
Visitor Reviews of Barra do Douro
Tide stations nearest to Barra do Douro:
- Closest tide stationLeixoes2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPorto3 mi
- Third closest tide stationSenhora da Hora3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationVila Nova de Gaia4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGulpilhares5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Barra do Douro:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)81 mi
- Second closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)105 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)166 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)168 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)196 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Barra do Douro:
- Closest city locationMatosinhos (Portugal)2 mi
- Second closest city locationCanidelo (Portugal)3 mi
- Third closest city locationPorto (Portugal)3 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSenhora da Hora (Portugal)3 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVila Nova de Gaia (Portugal)4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Barra do Douro is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Barra do Douro is Vila Real Airport (VRL), also in Acores, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Third is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Braganca Airport (BGC) in Acores is 182 km (113 miles) away.
- Santiago Airport (SCQ) in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Barra do Douro and is 195 km (121 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Barra do Douro, Douro & Minho. Use the tab navigation above to view Barra do Douro sea temperature, Barra do Douro photographs, Barra do Douro detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Barra do Douro webcams, current wind from Douro & Minho live weather stations and Barra do Douro tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Barra do Douro.