Barra de Colotepec Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.4 °C
Barra de Colotepec in Oaxaca is an exposed river break that has very reliable surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. The river break offers both left and right hand waves. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of sharks,.
Overall Barra de Colotepec Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Barra de Colotepec over a normal... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Barra de Colotepec surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oaxaca surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Barra de Colotepec
Ski Resorts closest to Barra de Colotepec:
Town and city forecasts close to Barra de Colotepec:
- Closest city location78 mi
- Second closest city location87 mi
- Third closest city location92 mi
- Fourth closest city location122 mi
- Fifth closest city location123 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Barra de Colotepec is Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM) in Mexico, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Barra de Colotepec is Bahias De Huatulco International Airport (HUX), also in Mexico, 78 km (48 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Xoxocotlan International (Oaxaca) Airport (OAX), also in Mexico, 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Barra de Colotepec, Oaxaca. Use the tab navigation above to view Barra de Colotepec sea temperature, Barra de Colotepec photographs, Barra de Colotepec detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Barra de Colotepec webcams, current wind from Oaxaca live weather stations and Barra de Colotepec tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Barra de Colotepec.