Barra da Tijuca Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.0 °C
Barra da Tijuca in Rio de Janeiro is an exposed beach break that has very consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Ideal winds are from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Pollution may be a hazard at this break.
Overall Barra da Tijuca Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Barra da Tijuca through an average Oct... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Barra da Tijuca surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rio de Janeiro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Barra da Tijuca
Visitor Reviews of Barra da Tijuca
“I spent 7 awsome days in Barra and what a beautiful place to surf. I went in January, and whilst I am not the best surfer, the conditions are suitable for everyone: small waves for beginners and big ones for dudes who can ride pipes. You can stay in the water until 8.30pm with no wetsuit and see the sun go down. The locals are OK; I'm from Argentina and did not got any trouble. Very beautifull place to surf. Go and check it out.”
Federico from ARGENTINA - 12 Jul 2010
Tide stations nearest to Barra da Tijuca:
- Closest tide stationRio de Janeiro11 mi
- Second closest tide stationNiterói16 mi
- Third closest tide stationDuque de Caxias19 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationItacurussa39 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIlha Guaiba45 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Barra da Tijuca:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1675 mi
- Second closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)1735 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)1750 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)1753 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)1766 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Barra da Tijuca:
- Closest city locationRio de Janeiro (Brazil)10 mi
- Second closest city locationNilopolis (Brazil)15 mi
- Third closest city locationSao Joao de Meriti (Brazil)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNiteroi (Brazil)16 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBelford Roxo (Brazil)18 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Barra da Tijuca is Santos Dumont (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (SDU) in Brazil, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Barra da Tijuca is Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (GIG), also in Brazil, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- Third is Santa Cruz (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (STU) in Brazil, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Francisco De Assis (Juiz De Fora) Airport (JDF) in Brazil is 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Bartolomeu Lisandro (Campos) Airport (CAW), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Barra da Tijuca and is 254 km (158 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro. Use the tab navigation above to view Barra da Tijuca sea temperature, Barra da Tijuca photographs, Barra da Tijuca detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Barra da Tijuca webcams, current wind from Rio de Janeiro live weather stations and Barra da Tijuca tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Barra da Tijuca.