Barra da Cuanza Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.5 °C
Barra da Cuanza in Benguela is an exposed beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A right hand reef. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of rocks, sharks,crocs,mines,.
Overall Barra da Cuanza Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Barra da Cuanza through an average... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Barra da Cuanza surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Benguela surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Barra da Cuanza
Visitor Reviews of Barra da Cuanza
Tide stations nearest to Barra da Cuanza:
- Closest tide stationLuanda40 mi
- Second closest tide stationSumbe137 mi
- Third closest tide stationN'zeto148 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLobito208 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBenguela224 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Barra da Cuanza:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1682 mi
- Second closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)1711 mi
- Third closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)1753 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)3132 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)3193 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Barra da Cuanza:
- Closest city locationLuanda (Angola)37 mi
- Second closest city locationCaxito (Angola)64 mi
- Third closest city locationN'dalatando (Angola)121 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSumbe (Angola)137 mi
- Fifth closest city locationUige (Angola)177 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Barra da Cuanza is Luanda 4 De Fevereiro Airport (LAD) in Angola, which is 56 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Barra da Cuanza is Porto Amboim Airport (PBN), also in Angola, 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Barra da Cuanza, Benguela. Use the tab navigation above to view Barra da Cuanza sea temperature, Barra da Cuanza photographs, Barra da Cuanza detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Barra da Cuanza webcams, current wind from Benguela live weather stations and Barra da Cuanza tide predictions. The Angola swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Angola and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Angola wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Barra da Cuanza.