Bar Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.6 °C
Bar Beach in Newcastle is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf The best wind direction is from the northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Beware of Shark protected,.
Overall Bar Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Bar Beach over a normal June and... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bar Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bar Beach
Visitor Reviews of Bar Beach
“I love the bar!! best break I have ever surfed! Today was pumping and I have surfed there many times. I highly recommend it if you haven't yet surfed there! When you pick the right day you're in heaven with the waves you won't want to come in!! SURF IT. AMAZING”
Tiana-Breeze de Mooij from NEW ZEALAND - 11 Nov 2012
Tide stations nearest to Bar Beach:
- Closest tide stationNewcastle1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCharlestown7 mi
- Third closest tide stationSwansea12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRathmines12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCorlette24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bar Beach:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields280 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher306 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass311 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo316 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek373 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bar Beach:
- Closest city locationNewcastle1 mi
- Second closest city locationPort Stephens24 mi
- Third closest city locationMosman69 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCastle Hill71 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRandwick75 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Bar Beach is Newcastle Airport (NTL) in Australia, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bar Beach is Richmond Airport (RCM), also in Australia, 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Third is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia is 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Bar Beach and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bar Beach, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Bar Beach sea temperature, Bar Beach photographs, Bar Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bar Beach webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Bar Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bar Beach.