Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.3 °C
Banzai Pipelines and Backdoor in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the east southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Beware of rips and rocks.
For Backyards, 4 km from Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-51201, 6 km from Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor.
Overall Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Banzai Pipeline and Back... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor
Tide stations nearest to Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor:
- Closest tide station5 mi
- Second closest tide station9 mi
- Third closest tide station17 mi
- Fourth closest tide station17 mi
- Fifth closest tide station17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor sea temperature, Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor photographs, Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Banzai Pipeline and Backdoor.