Banyans Spot ID
Photo credit: Michael
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Banyons in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. A popular wave that can get growded. Hazards include Urchin and locals.
Overall Banyans Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Banyans through an average Jun... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Banyans surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Banyans
Visitor Reviews of Banyans
“Leave this place alone. Let the young rippas surf there. They're around 10 to 14 years old, and they're better than you will ever be. This is their place, so let them keep it.
Check out the review for local attitude - enough said. Even the older kama'aina leave this place for the younger ones. Just can't take, take, take all da time, brah. Let this one go and move on to the next spot.”
Stinger from UNITED STATES - 21 Jun 2012
Tide stations nearest to Banyans:
- Closest tide stationHolualoa2 mi
- Second closest tide stationKailua Kona, Big Island2 mi
- Third closest tide stationNapoopoo, Kealakekua Bay Island11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKawaihae, Big Island31 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMahukona Island40 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Banyans:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2489 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2490 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2498 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2509 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area2511 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Banyans:
- Closest city locationHilo58 mi
- Second closest city locationKahului94 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu168 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKailua168 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe172 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Banyans is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Banyans is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Banyans and is 98 km (61 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Banyans, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Banyans sea temperature, Banyans photographs, Banyans detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Banyans webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Banyans tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Banyans.