Balnarring Point Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.4 °C
Balnarring Point in Mornington Peninsula is a sheltered point break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. Best around high tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Take care of rocks and sharks.
Overall Balnarring Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Balnarring Point over a norm... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Balnarring Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Mornington Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Balnarring Point
Visitor Reviews of Balnarring Point
Tide stations nearest to Balnarring Point:
- Closest tide stationStony Point6 mi
- Second closest tide stationWesternport6 mi
- Third closest tide stationHastings8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPhillip Island9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFrankston East19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Balnarring Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)56 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)74 mi
- Third closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)75 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)113 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Balnarring Point:
- Closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)19 mi
- Second closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)23 mi
- Third closest city locationGeelong (Australia)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelbourne (Australia)46 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Balnarring Point is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Balnarring Point is Avalon Airport (AVV), also in Australia, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Balnarring Point and is 307 km (191 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Balnarring Point, VIC - Mornington Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Balnarring Point sea temperature, Balnarring Point photographs, Balnarring Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Balnarring Point webcams, current wind from VIC - Mornington Peninsula live weather stations and Balnarring Point tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Balnarring Point.