Ballycotton Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.4 °C
Ballycotton in County Cork is a sheltered beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide.
Overall Ballycotton Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Ballycotton through an average A... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ballycotton surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cork surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ballycotton
Ski Resorts closest to Ballycotton:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)280 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)289 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)308 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)310 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)313 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ballycotton is Cork Airport (ORK) in Ireland, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ballycotton is Waterford Airport (WAT), also in Ireland, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Galway Airport (GWY), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Ballycotton and is 174 km (108 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ballycotton, Cork. Use the tab navigation above to view Ballycotton sea temperature, Ballycotton photographs, Ballycotton detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ballycotton webcams, current wind from Cork live weather stations and Ballycotton tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ballycotton.