Ballycastle Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.1 °C
Ballycastle in Antrim is a quite exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide.
Overall Ballycastle Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Ballycastle through a typical ... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ballycastle surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Antrim surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ballycastle
Ski Resorts closest to Ballycastle:
Town and city forecasts close to Ballycastle:
- The closest passenger airport to Ballycastle is Islay Airport (ILY) in U.k, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ballycastle is Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS) in North Ireland, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- City (Belfast) Airport (BHD) in North Ireland is 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Prestwick Airport (PIK) in U.k is the fifth nearest airport to Ballycastle and is 109 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ballycastle, Antrim. Use the tab navigation above to view Ballycastle sea temperature, Ballycastle photographs, Ballycastle detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ballycastle webcams, current wind from Antrim live weather stations and Ballycastle tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ballycastle.