Ballston Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.7 °C
Ballston Beach in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide. Rarely crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
For Cape Cod Lighthouse, SE of, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, 3 km from Ballston Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Orleans, 20 km from Ballston Beach.
|light winds from the N|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 39 miles from Ballston Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||5||2||3|
Overall Ballston Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ballston Beach through a typ... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ballston Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ballston Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Ballston Beach is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ballston Beach is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED) in USA is 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ballston Beach and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ballston Beach, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Ballston Beach sea temperature, Ballston Beach photographs, Ballston Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ballston Beach webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Ballston Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ballston Beach.