Ballinskelligs Bay Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.1 °C
Ballinskelligs Bay in County Kerry is a sheltered beach and reef break that does not work very often. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and in addition there are both left and right reef breaks.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Ballinskelligs Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Ballinskelligs Bay through a typic... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ballinskelligs Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kerry surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ballinskelligs Bay
Tide stations nearest to Ballinskelligs Bay:
- Closest tide stationTra Li36 mi
- Second closest tide stationTalbert Island, River Shannon63 mi
- Third closest tide stationCork74 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCarrigaline77 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShannon81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ballinskelligs Bay:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)352 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)372 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)381 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)383 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)387 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ballinskelligs Bay:
- Closest city locationCork74 mi
- Second closest city locationLimerick88 mi
- Third closest city locationGalway111 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaterford134 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTallaght190 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ballinskelligs Bay is Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland, 60 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ballinskelligs Bay is Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Galway Airport (GWY) in Ireland is 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Waterford Airport (WAT), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Ballinskelligs Bay and is 217 km (135 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ballinskelligs Bay, Kerry. Use the tab navigation above to view Ballinskelligs Bay sea temperature, Ballinskelligs Bay photographs, Ballinskelligs Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ballinskelligs Bay webcams, current wind from Kerry live weather stations and Ballinskelligs Bay tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ballinskelligs Bay.