Baileys Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Olin martins
Best: Swell SE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.4 °C
Baileys Beach in Rhode Island is a fairly exposed beach break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds are from the north. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Castle Hill, Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island, 4 km from Baileys Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Historic hill Newport wx, 3 km from Baileys Beach.
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 58 miles from Baileys Beach.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall Baileys Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at Baileys Beach through an a... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Baileys Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Baileys Beach
Tide stations nearest to Baileys Beach:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Baileys Beach is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Baileys Beach is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA is 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Baileys Beach and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Baileys Beach, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Baileys Beach sea temperature, Baileys Beach photographs, Baileys Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Baileys Beach webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Baileys Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Baileys Beach.