Bahia Grande Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.7 °C
Bahia Grande in Oaxaca is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the north. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. Waves at the beach tend to peel to the right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of sharks,.
Overall Bahia Grande Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Bahia Grande through an av... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bahia Grande surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oaxaca surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bahia Grande
Visitor Reviews of Bahia Grande
“Aloha from Maui,
Thank You for your Web-Site . It enables me to escape in my mind and remember fantastic Surf-Safari's and happening people of many cultures in Oaxaca, Mexico. You Brothers of the Brotherhood of Surfing have your professional act together!!!! Mahalo, Denis Singer”
Dennis Singer from UNITED STATES - 15 Dec 2013
Tide stations nearest to Bahia Grande:
- Closest tide stationSalina Cruz39 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Mateo del Mar52 mi
- Third closest tide stationPuerto Angel55 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPuerto Escondido89 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCoatzacoalcos177 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bahia Grande:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)1352 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1467 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)1484 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1489 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1504 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bahia Grande:
- Closest city locationSalina Cruz40 mi
- Second closest city locationSanto Domingo Tehuantepec44 mi
- Third closest city locationJuchitan de Zaragoza59 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanta Cruz Xoxocotlan102 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOaxaca de Juarez103 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Bahia Grande is Bahias De Huatulco International Airport (HUX) in Mexico, which is 60 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bahia Grande is Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM), also in Mexico, 147 km (91 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Xoxocotlan International (Oaxaca) Airport (OAX), also in Mexico, 162 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bahia Grande, Oaxaca. Use the tab navigation above to view Bahia Grande sea temperature, Bahia Grande photographs, Bahia Grande detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bahia Grande webcams, current wind from Oaxaca live weather stations and Bahia Grande tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bahia Grande.