Backyards Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.6 °C
Backyards in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the south southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. There are left and right breaking reefs. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include rocks and locals.
Overall Backyards Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Backyards through an average July,... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Backyards surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Backyards
Visitor Reviews of Backyards
Tide stations nearest to Backyards:
- Closest tide stationHaleiwa, Waialua Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Second closest tide stationLaie Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaikane, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMoku o Loe, Kaneohe Bay Oahu Island18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaipi'o19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Backyards:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2483 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2490 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2505 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2528 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2529 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Backyards:
- Closest city locationMililani Town (United States)16 mi
- Second closest city locationPearl City (United States)20 mi
- Third closest city locationWaimalu (United States)20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaipahu (United States)21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Backyards is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Backyards is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Backyards and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Backyards, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Backyards sea temperature, Backyards photographs, Backyards detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Backyards webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Backyards tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Backyards.