Backdoor Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.8 °C
Backdoor in Ericeira is an exposed reef break that is often working. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. A left hand reef break. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of urchins,rocks,.
Overall Backdoor Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Backdoor through an average... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Backdoor surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Ericeira surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Backdoor
Visitor Reviews of Backdoor
Tide stations nearest to Backdoor:
- Closest tide stationEriceira3 mi
- Second closest tide stationSao Joao das Lampas4 mi
- Third closest tide stationSilveira14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSao Domingos de Rana16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCascais17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Backdoor:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)145 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)222 mi
- Third closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)256 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)311 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPuerto De Navacerrada (Spain)315 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Backdoor:
- Closest city locationSintra (Portugal)9 mi
- Second closest city locationRio de Mouro (Portugal)12 mi
- Third closest city locationAlcabideche (Portugal)13 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCacem (Portugal)13 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCascais (Portugal)16 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Backdoor is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Backdoor is Talavera La Real (Badajoz) Airport (BJZ) in Spain, 226 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Backdoor, Ericeira. Use the tab navigation above to view Backdoor sea temperature, Backdoor photographs, Backdoor detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Backdoor webcams, current wind from Ericeira live weather stations and Backdoor tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Backdoor.