Awakino River Mouth Spot ID
Type: beach/River Bar
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.6 °C
Awakino River Mouth in Taranaki is a sheltered beach/River Bar break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up.
Overall Awakino River Mouth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Awakino River Mouth ... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Awakino River Mouth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Taranaki surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Awakino River Mouth
- The closest passenger airport to Awakino River Mouth is New Plymouth Airport (NPL) in New Zealand, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Awakino River Mouth is Hamilton Airport (HLZ), also in New Zealand, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Third is Taupo Airport (TUO) in New Zealand, 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Wanganui Airport (WAG) in New Zealand is 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Awakino River Mouth and is 160 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Awakino River Mouth, Taranaki. Use the tab navigation above to view Awakino River Mouth sea temperature, Awakino River Mouth photographs, Awakino River Mouth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Awakino River Mouth webcams, current wind from Taranaki live weather stations and Awakino River Mouth tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Awakino River Mouth.