Avalon-North Spot ID
Photo credit: peter stevens
Best: Swell ENE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.6 °C
Avalon-North in Sydney North is a fairly exposed point break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east northeast.Surfers ride left hand point. Often Crowded. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks, obstacles, locals, pollution and sharks.
Overall Avalon-North Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Avalon-North over a normal February... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Avalon-North surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Sydney North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Avalon-North
- The closest passenger airport to Avalon-North is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Avalon-North is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU), also in Australia, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia is 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Newcastle Airport (NTL), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Avalon-North and is 104 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Avalon-North, NSW - Sydney North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Avalon-North sea temperature, Avalon-North photographs, Avalon-North detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Avalon-North webcams, current wind from NSW - Sydney North Coast live weather stations and Avalon-North tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Avalon-North.