Avalanche Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.0 °C
Avalanche in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has dependable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the east southeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. There is a left breaking reef. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rips, sharks and rocks.
For Haleiwa, Waialua Bay, Oahu Island, Hawaii, 1 km from Avalanche.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Wheeler Air Force Base/oahu Airport, 14 km from Avalanche.
|light winds from the N|
Dry and cloudy
Overall Avalanche Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Avalanche through an average December. ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Avalanche surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Avalanche
- The closest passenger airport to Avalanche is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Avalanche is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Avalanche and is 133 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Avalanche, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Avalanche sea temperature, Avalanche photographs, Avalanche detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Avalanche webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Avalanche tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Avalanche.