Atlantic Terrace Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 4.4 °C
Atlantic Terrace in Long Island NY is an exposed beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. There are left and right breaking reefs. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Watch out for rocks.
For Montauk, Fort Pond Bay, New York, 4 km from Atlantic Terrace.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At APRSWXNET Montauk wx, 3 km from Atlantic Terrace.
|light winds from the W|
At Montauk Point Buoy, 23 miles from Atlantic Terrace.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||10||12|
Overall Atlantic Terrace Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Atlantic Terrace through a t... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Atlantic Terrace surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Atlantic Terrace
Tide stations nearest to Atlantic Terrace:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station5 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Atlantic Terrace is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Atlantic Terrace is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD), also in USA, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP) in USA is 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Atlantic Terrace and is 98 km (61 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Atlantic Terrace, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Atlantic Terrace sea temperature, Atlantic Terrace photographs, Atlantic Terrace detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Atlantic Terrace webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Atlantic Terrace tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Atlantic Terrace.