Assateague Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 5.5 °C
Assateague in Maryland is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Rarely crowded here.
For North Beach Coast Guard Station, Maryland, 3 km from Assateague.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Ocean City Airport, 11 km from Assateague.
|light winds from the NNE|
Overall Assateague Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Assateague through an averag... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ove... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Assateague surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maryland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Assateague
Tide stations nearest to Assateague:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station8 mi
- Fourth closest tide station8 mi
- Fifth closest tide station8 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Assateague is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY) in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Assateague is Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL), also in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA is 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Patuxent River Nas Airport (NHK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Assateague and is 111 km (69 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Assateague, Maryland. Use the tab navigation above to view Assateague sea temperature, Assateague photographs, Assateague detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Assateague webcams, current wind from Maryland live weather stations and Assateague tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Assateague.