Asa Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 5.1 °C
Asa in Kattegat is a sheltered beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the west northwest. A right hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kattegat and Skagerrack surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Asa
- The closest passenger airport to Asa is Landvetter (Gothenborg) Airport (GOT) in Sweden, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Asa is Save (Gothenborg) Airport (GSE), also in Sweden, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Halmstad Airport (HAD) in Sweden, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Trollhattan Vanersborg Airport (THN) in Sweden is 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Angelholm Airport (AGH), also in Sweden is the fifth nearest airport to Asa and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Asa, Kattegat and Skagerrack. Use the tab navigation above to view Asa sea temperature, Asa photographs, Asa detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Asa webcams, current wind from Kattegat and Skagerrack live weather stations and Asa tide predictions. The Sweden swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Sweden and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Sweden wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Asa.