Arroyo Laguna Spot ID
Photo credit: buscaOLAS
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
Arroyo Laguna in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach and reef break that only works once in a while with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves as well as a right hand reef break.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of rips, rocks and sharks.
Overall Arroyo Laguna Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Arroyo Laguna over a normal ... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arroyo Laguna surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arroyo Laguna
- The closest passenger airport to Arroyo Laguna is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 118 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Arroyo Laguna is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 137 km (85 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 197 km (122 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Arroyo Laguna and is 201 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arroyo Laguna, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Arroyo Laguna sea temperature, Arroyo Laguna photographs, Arroyo Laguna detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arroyo Laguna webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Arroyo Laguna tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arroyo Laguna.