Arroyo Laguna Spot ID
Photo credit: buscaOLAS
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.3 °C
Arroyo Laguna in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach and reef break that only works once in a while with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves as well as a right hand reef break.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of rips, rocks and sharks.
For San Simeon, California, 4 km from Arroyo Laguna.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cambria, 16 km from Arroyo Laguna.
At Cape San Martin Buoy, 38 miles from Arroyo Laguna.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall Arroyo Laguna Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Arroyo Laguna through a typica... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arroyo Laguna surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arroyo Laguna
Tide stations nearest to Arroyo Laguna:
- Closest tide stationSan Simeon2 mi
- Second closest tide stationCambria10 mi
- Third closest tide stationMorro Beach, Estero Bay26 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMorro Bay29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort San Luis42 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Arroyo Laguna:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows149 mi
- Second closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort158 mi
- Third closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area163 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak172 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMammoth Mountain183 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Arroyo Laguna:
- Closest city locationPaso Robles30 mi
- Second closest city locationAtascadero33 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Luis Obispo40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSoledad54 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Maria65 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Arroyo Laguna is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 118 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Arroyo Laguna is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 137 km (85 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 197 km (122 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Arroyo Laguna and is 201 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arroyo Laguna, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Arroyo Laguna sea temperature, Arroyo Laguna photographs, Arroyo Laguna detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arroyo Laguna webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Arroyo Laguna tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arroyo Laguna.